How It Works
The Lifeline medical alert service provides fast access to help in the event of a fall or other emergency. The process is simple: just choose a service, call to have your communication device installed, and rest assured that you’ll have help if you need it.
Three Easy Steps to Peace of Mind
Step 1: Choose a Service
JFSRI offers two levels of service, both with full access to Lifeline’s 24-hour Response Center:
- Lifeline. Lifeline’s standard service includes your choice of a pendant or wrist-style Help Button. Press the button to connect directly with a Response Associate in the event of an emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Lifeline with AutoAlert. This service offers all the benefits of the standard Lifeline service plus an added layer of protection if you’re unable to get to your Help Button. Lifeline with AutoAlert is the first medical alert pendant that can automatically place a call for help if it detects a fall to the floor. AutoAlert detects more than 95% of falls. Note that because it does not detect 100% of falls, it’s important to press the button if possible when help is needed.
Step 2: Choose a Communicator
Once your information is received and an appointment has been established, our technicians will come to your home and install a simple, high-quality communication device to connect you with our Lifeline Response Center in Framingham, MA.
You can choose one of two communication devices: 1) a CarePartner Communicator—a device that works with your existing phone to provide direct, two-way connection to Lifeline, or 2) a Cordless Phone Communicator—a cordless phone with a large display and enhanced sound quality.
Step 3: Gain Peace of Mind
Of course, the goal in independent living is to avoid falls or other emergencies, but it can be stressful to know that even a momentary loss of balance can precipitate a fall. With Lifeline, you’ll get the peace of mind that comes with knowing that help is in reach should you need it. The process for getting help is fast and easy:
- Summon help. Simply press your Help Button to connect to Lifeline’s 24/7 Response Center through your communication device. Lifeline with AutoAlert will automatically place a call if a fall is detected, even if you’re disoriented, immobilized, or unconscious.
- Hear a reassuring voice. A Lifeline Response Associate will access your profile and respond quickly to the incident to get you the help you need.
- Know that help is on the way. The Lifeline Associate will contact a neighbor, loved one, or emergency services based on your needs and will follow up to confirm that help has arrived. Emergency responses will be set up the way you want them, with family or emergency services called first.
To learn more about Lifeline RI, call 401-331-1244, ext. 319. You can also call 1-800-242-1306, ext. 4509, or email Lifeline@jfsri.org.